The world is like one giant movie screen for São Paulo-based artist duo Ceci Soloaga and Ygor Marotta, aka “VJ Suave”.
The two have fused interactive technology with street art, using custom-fitted tricycles called “Suaveciclo” that carry speakers and projector equipment. VJ Suave describe their work as “digital graffiti”, created mainly using traditional animation which allows them to edit and play their whimsical animations in real-time.
Although they can project their art pretty much anywhere, from Brazil to places like China, Russia, United States, England and Germany, careful thought goes into its venue. VJ Suave’s true art however lies in the interactivity it creates. Powered by their trusty tricycles, they are able to illuminate more than walls and sidewalks with their characters, but also their viewers - and forming a relationship between people, especially children, and their urban spaces is what drives VJ Suave’s work the most.
- hifructose magazine
Recent activities and highlights:
- Live drawings and animations, Shenzhen - China, 2018
- Exhibition of Floresta Encantada VR Installation, Maine Film Festival, USA, 2018
- Nature projections, Maringá - Brasil, 2018
- Waterfall projections, Voodoohop na Cachoeira 2018 / 2017
- Suaveciclo performance in Bahrain and Hsinchu - China, 2018
- Suaveciclo performance in Taiwan - Hsinchu, Keelong and Taoyuan, 2017/2018
- VJ Suave presented more than 20 countries around the world; Brasil, Canada, USA, Germany, Portugal, France, England, Spain, Stonia, Slovakia, Swiss, Republic, Servia, Russia, Taiwan, China, Czech, Singapure...
Projects, installations and shortmovies:
- “Floresta Encantada” - Virtual Reality Interactive Installation, 2017
- “Folclore Digital” - Audiovisual Installation, 2015
- “A natureza invade a cidade” - Audiovisual Installation, 2013
- "Suaveciclo" - Audiovisual tricycle performance, 2012
- "Trip" - Shortmovie, 2013
- "La cena" - Shortmovie, 2012
- "Homeless" - Shortmovie, 2012
- "Run" - Shortmovie, 2011
---------- PAST EVENTS ---------